Freelance UX Strategist
- Created long-lasting client relationships by staying on time and on budget.
- Awarded both digital and print awards for freelance client work. View list of awards and achievements.
Senior Art Director
12/15 – Current
- Revised interactive tool including functional specification documentation, wireframes, prototype and designs
- Delivered unique campaign concepts for client presentations
- Develop and deliver HTML email for MS Outlook deployment
- Create original content for VEEVA CRM delivery
04/14 – 08/15
- Increased revenue by 13% through optimizations and responsive product launches for small, niche technology company.
- Established organizational consistency through staff supervision including collaborative problem solving, regular performance reviews, and scheduling deliverables.
- Implemented JIRA bug-tracking system and Google Analytics reviews to technology team to increase efficiency and accountability.
- Introduced wireframing methodology, micro-launching enhancements and live-streaming technologies to the products.
UX Strategist / UI Designer
05/11 – 03/14
- Led in user experience (UX) strategy, architecture, and design to grow brochure into digital content destination reaching 1 million users and add revenue stream for principal ecommerce client: Verizon (Wireless).
- Introduced innovative content architecture and approach to B2B retail client, yielding popular and successful content aggregation tool.
- Assisted in project management and strategy documentation for clients (Verizon Wireless, Syngenta).
Architected, designed and developed responsive marketing newsletter templates, content templates, product prototypes, and digital tools for asset management using annotated wireframes, live screen mocks and user diagrams.
- Created digital design and development courses for the company’s print designers to meet increasing client demands.
- Awarded for user interface (UI) design, including both the Gold (2013) and Silver (2014) Pearl Award by the Custom Content Council.
U.S. Group Art Director
08/06 – 05/11
- Launched 5 international travel magazines (AirTran, Delta, VivaAerobus, ATA, Midwest) reaching more than 2 million readers monthly.
- Redesigned editorial products using Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) which enabled ad sales growth of 25%.
- Created original prototypes (via RFPs), which attracted new clients to the publishing company.
- Contributed original photography and editorial to the magazines in addition to photo editing and retouching, making photo and illustration assignments, and on-site celebrity photo art direction.
- Recognized for editorial design excellence (creative direction, typography, layout design) from SPD, HOW, Communication Arts, the Pearl Awards, and more.
12/05 – 08/06
- Designed weekly nightlife editorial products, which enabled the sales team to surpass expected goals.
Physicians Continuing Education
04/05 – 12/05
- Aligned small medical education company’s brand and design guidelines to increase competitive edge in the marketplace.
Senior Interactive Designer
08/00 – 11/02
- Led multiple design projects to completion, including new business concepts, user flows, and site designs for usability testing.
- Designed award-winning community content and engagement component to the Monster brand.
02/98 – 08/00
- Launched site as part of original product team; acted as design lead for first major redesign.
- Designed site’s content-based templates for original editorial + corporate partnerships.
B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication
Drake University (Des Moines, IA)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- WordPress CMS
- Atlassian JIRA
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Axure RP
- HTML, HTML5, DHTML, XHTML, CSS, CSS3, SASS
- Nationbuilder (Liquid)
- Veeva CRM